Saturday, June 13, 2009

Deliverance

You know deliverance is something as human beings we ask for a lot. It hit me the other day just how much I ask for it. Stuff like please get me out of this traffic, I need a closer parking space, please let it rain cuz I am hot, I need a new job, etc.

Here's what the Lord just shared with me, literally right now, ha I had to get it out before I forget. Do we as a people want deliverance from our situation or from the enemy causing the problem. Sure I believe asking for deliverance from certain "situations" but how many times does it take before we get the lesson, and move on? What does it need to take to wake me up?

Last Tuesday was the last time for me to be apart of the food bank at Faith. It was 100 degrees no air conditioner. We were short handed. And it was a very emotional time for all involved this whole journey that we have been down. I found myself all day long asking God to send deliverance in the form of rain. It looked like rain that morning! But the more I asked the hotter it seemed to become. What I wanted deliverance from my situation. What I needed was deliverance from the enemy causing the problem. I even mentioned in passing to Dana I guess the Lord will not send the rain today. I was wrong, see He had already sent the rain. It was time for a new season and a time to grow. You cannot grow all the time in the rain, you need sunshine too. I am so thankful that the Lord still gives us dry periods to grow even though He longs to shelter us with the rain. We must grow strong to fight the enemy!
So sisters take comfort in all we do, we are not forgotten, or left behind. Our ministries were not in vain and the enemy took no victory from the kingdom!
Love and Peace

3 comments: